Monday, January 12, 2009

Chicken and Noodles with Limas

Served here with cabbage and sliced peaches. This is a large portion so it could be cut in half, but I usually eat it all :o)


6 oz Noodles (half a 12 oz package)
2 skinless/boneless Chicken breasts (~12 oz)
4 TBSP Land-0-Lakes Light Butter w/Canola oil
1 3/4 cups Fordhook Lima Beans (350 total calories or 87.5 per serving)

Boil chicken until done (approximately 40 minutes).
Bring about 2 quarts of water to a boil. Drop in noodles and turn off heat. Let noodles stand in water until tender (approximately 15 minutes). Drain.
Cook Lima's according to package directions. Drain.
Chop chicken into bite sized pieces.
Combine all ingredients.
Add salt and pepper to taste. (I use low sodium sea salt.)

Makes 4 servings.

Stats per serving:

435 Calories
9.9 g Fat
3.6 g Saturated Fat
130 g Cholesterol
162 g Sodium (without salting to taste)
46.8 g Carbs
5 g Fiber
1.5 g Sugar
37.5 g Protein
10% Vitamin A
22% Vitamin C
1% Calcium
16% Iron

I included the calorie count for the Lima beans in case you don't like them and prefer to use other veggies. You can then change the stats easier.

I usually eat this mix with one other vegetable and I am full all evening long. I've also found that when I'm having a little trouble losing this will kick start the loss again. (I'll add a picture of it tonight after I dish myself out a serving :o)

No comments: